Next agrees a deal to buy high street rival Fat Face for £115.2m

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.

Next has agreed a deal to buy high street rival Fat Face. It will buy the retailer, which has over 200 stores, for £115.2 million from a consortium of financial institutions who took control of the business three years ago.

It is the latest in flurry of acquisitions by Next, which runs 460 of its own shops, after buying brands including Made.com, Joules and Cath Kidston. Next said it will have 97% ownership of the business after the deal, with Fat Face’s management holding the remaining 3%.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Will Crumbie, chief executive of Fat Face, said: “This acquisition by Next today is an important next step in Fat Face’s journey. Having worked together for some time as a commercial partner, Next has recognised the strong foundations, and importantly, future potential for Fat Face.

Next has agreed a deal to buy high street rival Fat Face for £115.2 million.Next has agreed a deal to buy high street rival Fat Face for £115.2 million.
Next has agreed a deal to buy high street rival Fat Face for £115.2 million. | Getty Images

“We have great momentum. This is about helping us reach more customers, whether that be in the UK or internationally, and becoming a part of the Next family, with the backing of their Total Platform infrastructure, will help us achieve this.”

Related topics:

Comment Guidelines

National World encourages reader discussion on our stories. User feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. Please review our Community Guidelines before commenting.