Fortnite down: How long will battle royale game be down for V25.30 - what to expect
The next Fortnite update is due later today which is expected to bring a Jujutsu Kaisen collaboration
and live on Freeview channel 276
Epic Games have taken down the Fortnite servers ahead of the latest V25.30 update. The popular online battle royal game will see a collaboration with manga series Jujutsu Kaisen, with a trailer teasing the update released last week.
Today’s update will come with a short server downtime before players are able to get back into their games by the early afternoon. The update will include plenty of new skins and a new event pass, which will bring some new content for players during the summer holidays.
Fortnite Status, the Twitter account that shares service updates for the game, has revealed that servers were closed at 9am and that matchmaking services have been disabled. The Twitter account also shared that they will inform players once downtime has ended.
Downtime for the game usually lasts around four hours so users can expect to get back into the game. Players can expect that Fortnite will be back online by around 1pm, however, due to being a minor update, the game could potentially be back online before 11am, so it’s worth checking the Fortnite Status Twitter account, which will give gamers the most accurate information.
The usual bug fixes will also be included into the update including new features and weapons for players to enjoy.
Here’s everything that has been included in the update:
- Xbox Series X|S - Blue screen with Quick Resume
- Character may be invisible in the Lobby
- Player footsteps can not be heard in UEFN/Creative Games
- Blue screen when logging in
- Princess Lexa’s skirt remains floating and sticks out
- Meow Skulls is missing her tail
- Players experience reduced render distance since previous update
- “Capture the Rift Loot Island POI” scoring may sometimes not be recorded in tournaments
- Players may be visually presented with their Battle Royale Rank even after switching to Ranked Zero Build
- Mobile - Submachine gun muzzle flash VFX continue after firing
What is included in the V25.30 update
Twitter user ShiinaBR, who shares updates and leaks, has tweeted a list of things players can expect from the update, including:
- Big Jujutsu Kaisen collaboration
- A possible Jujutsu Kaisen Event Pass
- WWE Collaboration
- Added Shop Tabs
- Season 4 Starter Pack
- The Apparatus Updates
- Bender’s Raygun will be vaulted
- First Season 4 Leaks
- New Augments