Famous footballer Neymar Jr is making his way into the world of the battle royale game Fortnite - however, players will have to complete a few challenges in order to unlock the new outfits and items in the V16.30 patch.
Starting from today (Tuesday 27 April), Fortnite players will be able to tackle Neymar Jr Battle Pass Quests and Epic-rarity Quests in order to unlock and unleash all the new goodies up for grabs.
This is what you need to know about the new update.
How to unlock skins and items?
Players will have to undertake a variety of tasks and challenges in order to unlock all the new Neymar Jr related outfits and items.
The Neymar Jr quest consists of:
- Talking to an island football player, which will unlock the Soccer Ball Emote Toy and a Neymar Jr Banner
- Complete three quests from island football players and you’ll unlock the Neymar Jr-themed Matador Loading Screen
- Complete five quests from island football players and you’ll unlock the Neymar Jr Outfit
- Drop kick the football toy 500 meters as Neymar Jr to unlock the Joia Trophy Back Bling
- Score a goal with the football toy as Neymar Jr to unlock the Jaguar Strike Pickaxe
- Eliminate three opponents as Neymar Jr to unlock the Shh. Emote, a built-in Emote for Neymar Jr that awakens one of his primal forms
The Neymar Jr rewards don’t end here - players that complete certain amounts of Chapter Two Season Six Epic Quests will unlock even more items from the Neymar Jr set.
Players are able to unlock the Exhibition version of the Neymar Jr Outfit and other items based on his uniform of yellow, blue and green.
In order, all Neymar Jr rewards unlocked this way are the:
- I’m ready! Spray
- Stealth Shot Emoticon
- Hang Loose Celebration Emote
- Aerial Acrobat Glider
- Exhibition Style of the Neymar Jr Outfit, Jaguar Strike Pickaxe, and Aerial Acrobat Glider
Once you have unlocked the Exhibition Style of the Neymar Jr Outfit, use the Shh. Emote to awaken Neymar Jr’s other primal form - based on the Exhibition look.
With his default Style, Exhibition Style, and two primal forms, the Neymar Jr Outfit has four different versions.
What is the Neymar Jr Cup?
The Neymar Jr Cup will kick off on Wednesday 28 April, and players will get to compete for a chance to win a custom-designed football boot, inspired by Newmar Jr’s primal form.
The top players per region in this solo tournament will be sent one of these
Players are able to play up to 10 matches in their region’s three hour time window - the specific timing for each region can be found in the Compete tab in game.
To take part in the Neymar Jr Cup, players must have two factor authentication enabled on their Epic account, and be at account level 30 or above.
What’s happening in Fortnite Creative?
From 27 April until 4 May, Neymar Jr and PUMA are taking over Fortnite Creative.
During this period, players can check out the Paris-themed Welcome Hub made by community creators Kryw and Iscariote. After you’ve unlocked the football from the first Neymar Jr Quest, bring it with you to this Hub’s football pitch.
Also, when you’re ready to get into the action, you can queue for the “Go Crazy Arena” playlist made by community creators Madmoods and Immature.
This casual combat experience, made in celebration of Neymar Jr’s arrival, will be featured as a playlist from 27 April to 30 April.
The Go Crazy Arena showcases eight versus eight combat with pow-ups and infinite respawns enabled.
Players can earn gold by eliminating other players, and then can use that gold to unlock upgrades and special bonuses for you and your team.
The first team to reach 200 eliminations wins.