New Year’s Day is just around the corner, with many celebrating the new year when the clock strikes 12.
But what are the different ways to wish friends and family a Happy New Year for 2022?
Here’s what you need to know.
When is New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day 2021?
New Year’s Eve takes place on Friday 31 December this year, with New Year’s Day landing on Saturday 1 January 2022.
What are New Year wishes?
New Year wishes are ways of bringing in the new year and wishing loved ones a good year ahead.
What New Year wishes can I say to my partner?
There are a multitude of different New Year wishes you can say to loved ones, including those for your friends, family and partner.
If you’re wanting to wish your partner a Happy New Year, you can say:
- Here’s to making more memories in 2022!
- I’m so proud of all your accomplishments this year - and I can’t wait to see what you do in the next
- Every year with you is the best one yet... cheers to many more
- Whatever the new year has in store, we’ll be in it together
- Happy New Year to the love of my life
- Whatever the new year brings, I know I’ll achieve my goals with you by my side
How can I wish my friends and family a Happy New Year?
There are numerous ways you can wish your friends a great year ahead, such as:
- I’m so grateful for all of your support and love this year. Here’s to many more years of friendship!
- Here’s to another year of making memories with you. Happy New Year!
- May all your wishes come true in 2022!
- Cheers to a new year, new beginnings and the same friends!
- Cheers to the New Year! May 2022 be an extraordinary one
- Happy New Year! May the coming year be full of great adventures and opportunities
- Happy New Year! 2022 is the beginning of a new chapter
- Wishing you many wonderful memories made in 2022
- May the New Year bring you happiness, peace, and prosperity
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.