Aldi issues urgent warning over ‘fire risk’ seat covers for garden furniture - including hanging egg chair
Eight pieces of garden furnitures made between 13 February and 20 April 2022 are affected
and live on Freeview channel 276
The popular hanging egg chair, rattan corner sofa set and six other garden items are affected.
What is the warning?
The budget supermarket has discovered its cushion covers fire-retardant effectiveness may deteriorate over time.
All other parts of the furniture are safe.
Those who purchased the items between 13 February and 20 April 2022 are affected and will be notified over email to await a free replacement.
Affected customers are asked to throw away their current cushion covers.
What has been said?
Aldi said: “As a precautionary measure, we are sending replacement cushion covers to all customers who have purchased the following garden furniture products between February 13, 2022, and April 20 2022 only
Our supplier has advised that the cushion covers’ fire-retardant effectiveness may deteriorate over time. All affected customers should dispose of the current cushion covers and await their free replacement covers. The cushion and all other parts of the products are safe to use without the cushion covers.”
What are the affected products?
- Bench Add on Rattan Effect - All Colours: 718472, 718473, 718474
- Add on Stool Two Pack - All Colours: 718488, 718489, 718490
- Cushion Set Rattan Effect Corner Set: 718487
- Rope Effect Coffee Set 3pc: 812106, 812664
- Rattan Corner Sofa Set (with Cover) - All Colours (UK Only): 718223, 718224, 718225
- Rattan Corner Sofa Set (without Cover) - All Colours: 718220, 718221, 718222
- Hanging Egg Chair with Cover (UK Only): 812611, 812612
- Hanging Egg Chair: 812599, 812606, 812608.
How to get a replacement?
If you have purchased these products in-store, you are asked to contact Aldi’s Customer Service team on 0800 042 0800 (UK) and 1800 991 828 (Ireland) to arrange delivery of replacement cushion covers.
If you have purchased the products online in the UK, you will be contacted via email and automatically sent replacement cushion covers.