A leading train operator will make around one million advance tickets available for £1, or half price for children, in a flash sale starting today (24 August).
Northern Rail wants to encourage people to “go do your thing” across its network and is offering massive discounts on travel between 6 September and 22 October.
At a glance: the key facts
- Starting from 24 August, customers will be able to book journeys on Northern Rail for £1, or 50p for children
- The operator is making around 1 million discounted tickets available for journeys between 6 September and 22 October
- The rail company operates across the north of England, meaning people can use the offer to book trips to a wide variety of destinations
- According to Northern Rail, the tickets are available when booked in advance through their website or app, with no discount code needed.
- The company says is it operating an “enhanced cleaning regime” over Covid concerns, and customers will be encouraged to wear face coverings if able
What’s been said?
Mark Powles, Northern’s Customer and Commercial Director, said: “The past 18 months have been tough for all and, as things begin to return to normal, we wanted to give our customers the chance to explore all the North has to offer for the best possible value.
“It also gives our customers the chance to see, first-hand, the palpable improvements we’ve made while they’ve been away. Our trains, stations and ticket buying options have never been better and, together with our staff, we are ready to help people across the North to Go Do Your Thing.”