Shocking dashcam footage: Drink-driver led police on a terrifying 130mph chase across three counties

A drink-driver who led police on a terrifying 130mph chase across three counties has been disqualified from driving for five years

Jay Peters, 31, was seen driving dangerously by officers in Runnymede on September 12 last year and was told to pull over, but he sped off.

During three separate pursuits, he led officers through Surrey and Berkshire before finally coming to a stop after being faced with a police car in Longwick, Buckinghamshire.

Sign up to our NationalWorld Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

We want to hear from you: let us know what you think about this story and be part of the debate in our comments section below

Jay Peters, 31, was seen driving dangerously by officers in Runnymede

Footage of the incident shows him weaving through traffic across lanes on the M25.

When he finally stopped he got out of the car as an officer pulled out a taser and told him: "Put your hands against the vehicle right now."

The 31-year-old was arrested on suspicion of failure to stop, dangerous driving and driving under the influence after failing a breathalyser test.

He admitted to the latter two charges at Guildford Crown Court.

As well as the disqualification, Peters was handed a 12-month prison sentence suspended for two years.

Peters will also be required to take an extended driving test once his disqualification period has elapsed, complete 250 hours of unpaid work and be under a curfew for three months.

Investigating Officer, PC Rebecca Blake, said: “During this incident, Peters was not only over the limit and so his senses were dangerously impaired, but he put other people’s lives at risk with no concern for their safety.

"He recklessly endangered the lives of others and this is something we take extremely seriously in Surrey.”