The first round of the 2021/22 Emirates FA Cup took place on Friday 5, Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 November 2021 all competing to make it through to the second round of a competition that is now 150 years old.
Leicester City are the current champions of the tournament having beaten Chelsea 1-0 in the 2021 Final, however it is Arsenal that is the most successful club in the FA Cup. They have 14 wins, with their most recent coming in 2020, and have had most appearances in a final (21).
Both these teams must wait until the new year to defend their successes as Premier League and Championship clubs will join the competition in the third round which commences in January.
Leagues One and Two joined the lower league clubs that had been playing for their spot in the competition since 17 August 2021.
40 matches are set to be played during the course of the first round with 40 teams going through to the second round which is due to take place at the beginning of December.
Clubs such as Portsmouth Fc, Barrow and Shrewsbury have already confirmed their places in the second round and have now found out which clubs they will face after Monday night’s draw took place during the halftime of Salford City’s 1-0 win over Dagenham & Redbridge. Clubs such as Rochdale, Notts County, Plymouth Argyle and Sheffield Wednesday must replay their matches as a result of their weekend fixtures ending in draws.
Here’s all you need to know about how the Second Round draw of the Emirates FA Cup went.
When was the FA Cup Second Round draw?
The Second round draw of the FA Cup took place on Monday 8 November 2021
What time did the FA Cup Second round draw takeplace?
The draw was held during halftime of Dagenham and Redbridge and Salford City’s match on the evening of Monday 8 November 2021. The match started at 7.45pm BST.
How can I watch the FA Cup Second Round?
All FA Cup action is available to watch on ITV and available to stream through ITV hub.
Which teams will be in the draw?
13 teams are currently uncertain as to whether they have made it through to the second round and will play their replays on 16 November 2021.
Here are the results of the Second Round draw:
- Yeovil Town v MK Dons or Stevenage
- Oxford United or Bristol Rovers v Sutton United
- Burton Albion v Port Vale
- Buxton v Morecombe
- Lincoln City v Harltepool United or Wycombe Wanderers
- AFC Wimbledon v Gillingham or Cheltenham Town
- Colchester United v Wigan Athletic or Solihull Moors
- Leyton Orietn v Tranmere Rovers
- Northampton Town or Cambridge United v Bradford City or Exeter City
- Doncaster Rovers v Mansfield Town
- Walsall v Swindon Town
- Rotherham United v Bolton Wanderers or Stockport County
- Gateshead or Altrincham v Charlton Athletic
- Boreham Wood v St Albans City
- Kidderminster Harriers v FC Halifax Town
- Carlisle United v Shrewsbury Town
- Salford City v Chesterfield
- Rochdale or Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday or Plymouth Argyle
- Ispwich Town or Oldham Athletic v Barrow
- Portsmouth v Harrogate Town
What are the dates for the next fixtures?
Here are all the important dates for the next rounds of the FA Cup.
- First Round Replays: Tuesday 16 November 2021
- Second Round Proper: Saturday 4 December 2021
- Third Round Proper: Saturday 8 January 2022
- Fourth Round Proper: Saturday 5 February 2022
- Fifth Round Proper: Wednesday 2 March 2022
- Quarter-Final: Saturday 19 March 2022
- Semi-final: Saturday 16 April 2022
- Final: Saturday 14 May 2022