32 teams have made it to the first round proper and will face each other across six match days between now and December in eight groups of four where the group winners and eight runners up will progress to the last 16 next year.
It all begins this week and here’s everything you need to know!
What channel is the Champions League on, where to watch?
BT Sport once again have exclusive rights to broadcast the Champions League in the UK and will show every group stage match across their multiple channels and via the BT Sport app.
This week’s Champions League fixtures
Manchester United get their campaign underway at 17:45 BST as they face Young Boys of Switzerland at The Wankdorf Stadium.
2020/21 winners Chelsea begin their defence of the trophy later on at 20:00 BST as they host Zenit St Petersburg at Stamford Bridge.
Manchester City and Liverpool get their groups underway on Wednesday, September 15 with AC Milan visiting Anfield and RB Leipzig at the Etihad (both kicking off at 20:00 BST).
- Young Boys v Manchester United (17:45)
- Sevilla v Red Bull Salzburg (17:45)
- Barcelona v Bayern Munich (20:00)
- Dynamo Kyiv v Benfica (20:00)
- Villarreal v Atalanta (20:00)
- Lille v VfL Wolfsburg (20:00)
- Chelsea v Zenit St Petersburg (20:00)
- Malmö FF v Juventus (20:00)
- Besiktas v Borussia Dortmund (17:45)
- Sheriff Tiraspol v Shakhtar Donetsk (17:45)
- Club Bruges v Paris Saint Germain (20:00)
- Manchester City v RB Leipzig (20:00)
- Atlético Madrid v FC Porto (20:00)
- Liverpool v AC Milan (20:00)
- Sporting Lisbon v Ajax (20:00)
- Inter Milan v Real Madrid (20:00)
Is there a stream?
All matches can be streamed via the BT Sport app.
The app can be downloaded from the App Store on iOS devices or Google Play on Android.
Who are favourites to win the 2021/22 Champions League?
Manhester City and PSG are joint outright favourites to win the 2021/22 Champions League at 7/2.
Chelsea are 15/2 to retain the trophy while Liverpool are 9/1 t win the title for a seventh time.
Manchester United are 12/1 to win the trophy for the first time since 2008.
Other notable prices include: Bayern Munich 7/1, Real Madrid 14/1, Barceloa 22/1 and Juventus 25/1.
Odds via Betfair, all odds correct at the time of writing. Over 18s only. Please gamble responsibly and Be Gamble Aware. www.begambleaware.org.