Love Island 2021: host Laura Whitmore appears on the show for just 12 minutes despite £600,000 pay
and live on Freeview channel 276
We want to hear from you: let us know what you think about this story and be part of the debate in our comments section below
At a glance: 5 key points
– Laura Whitmore has reportedly earned £600,000 for her role as the host of Love Island 2021. So far she has only appeared on the show for just under 12 minutes.
– The Irish presenter also hosts the ITV2 Love Island chat show Aftersun, which airs after episodes of Sunday evening.
– Whitmore was seen during the launch show helping pair up the original Islanders. However, after 950 minutes of footage so far, the host has only been seen for 11 minutes and 51 seconds. That’s 1.3 per cent of the show’s broadcast so far.
– The host usually travels back and forth to the villa in Majorca to make an appearance for re-couplings, before heading back to the UK to broadcast Aftersun. All the dumplings and re-couplings this season have taken place via texts on the Islanders phones.
– Her husband Iain Stirling provides the voiceovers for the show, but it was announced he would be broadcasting from London. Whitmore’s mum will join her in Spain to help look after the newborn when she works.
Who is Laura Whitmore?
Laura Whitmore is an Irish television presenter. She has been the host of Love Island since 2020.
Whitmore found fame after entering an MTV competition to become the face of MTV News, where she presented the bulletins between 2008 to 2015 for MTV Ireland.
She has also hosted five series of I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! NOW! From 2011 to 2016.
The host is also a successful author, with her book 'No One Can Change Your Life Except For You’ which has since been named as a Sunday Times Best Seller.
She can also be found hosting her Sunday morning radio show on BBC Radio 5 Live.
Whitmore is married to Iain Stirling, who provides the narration to Love Island. The pair started dating after meeting at an ITV party. They married in 2020, and welcomed a baby girl in April 2021.