Crufts is the largest competitive dog show of its kind, with a heritage dating from the 1890s.
The competition involves a series of challenges designed to test dogs of all breeds over four days, ranging from jumping to agility, and heelwork.
Winners of the prestigious Best in Show title winners will take home a replica of the silver Keddell Memorial Trophy and £100 in cash.
What is the Crufts schedule?
Crufts will run form 10-14 March this year, with a packed schedule of events each day.
This is the full schedule for each day of Crufts 2022:
Thursday 10 March
- 8:45am: Agility Kennel Club British open final (Jumping)
- 9:40am: Agility championship small/medium
- 10:45am: East Anglian Staffordshire Bull Terrier display team
- 11:15am: Freestyle heelwork to music competition
- 12:40pm: Break
- 1:10pm: Agility Kennel Club British open final (Agility)
- 2:05pm: Agility championships small/medium
- 3:15pm: Flyball team quarter-finals
- 3:55pm: West Midlands police display
- 4:25pm: Freestyle heelwork to music competition winner
- 4:30pm: BREAK
- 5:15pm: Agility championship small/medium final
- 6:00pm: Group judging (working) and presentation
- 6:50pm: Group judging (pastoral) and presentation
- 7:40pm: Programme ends
Friday 11 March
- 9:00am: Agility Crufts medium ABC and intermediate/large novice ABC final (jumping)
- 9:40am: Agility Crufts singles heat small/medium/intermediate/large (jumping)
- 10:35am: Good Citizen Dog Scheme display
- 11:05am: Heelwork to music competition
- 12:35pm: BREAK
- 1:05pm: Rescue dog agility
- 1:35pm: Agility Crufts singles heat small/medium/intermediate/large (agility)
- 2:30pm: Agility Crufts medium ABC and intermediate/large novice ABC final (agility)
- 3:10pm: Flyball team quarter-finals
- 3:50pm: Vulnerable breed competition
- 4:20pm: Heelwork to music competition winner
- 4:25pm: BREAK
- 4:45pm: Agility Crufts singles final small/medium/intermediate/large (agility)
- 5:30pm: Breeders competition final
- 6:10pm: Group judging (Terrier) and presentation
Presentation of painting to Crufts 2020 Best in Show winner
- 7:00pm: Group judging (Hound) and presentation
- 7:50pm: Programme ends
Saturday 12 March
- 8:45am: Crufts international invitation large jumping
- 9:30am: Scruffts semi-final
- 10:30am: Hearing dogs 40th anniversary
- 10:50am: Lowland search and rescue
- 11:20am: Southern Golden Retriever display team
- 11:40am: Medical detection dogs display
- 12:00pm: BREAK
- 12:30pm: Heelwork to music freestyle international competition
- 1:55pm: West Midlands police display
- 2:25pm: Agility international invitation large (agility)
- 3:10pm: Young Kennel Club agility dog of the year finals
- 3:55pm: Flyball team semi-finals (including Young Kennel Club flyball)
- 4:45pm: BREAK
- 5:15pm: Agility international invitation large agility finals
- 6:00pm: Heelwork to music freestyle international winner
- 6:05pm: Scruffts final
- 6:20pm: Obedience champion (dog) and reserve (dog) display
- 6:45pm: Group judging (utility) and presentation
- 7:35pm: Group judging (toy) and presentation
- 8:25pm: Programme ends
Sunday 13 March
- 8:45am: Agility championship intermediate/large
- 9:50am: Good Citizen Dog Scheme display
- 10:10am: Lowland search and rescue
- 10:40am: Heelwork to music
- 10:45am: Dog activities display
- 11:15am: Southern Golden Retriever display team
- 11:35am: BREAK
- 12:00pm: Agility championship intermediate/large
- 1:05pm: Gundog display
- 1:25pm: Flyball team final
- 1:50pm: Programme ends and arena to be cleared
- 3:00pm: Doors open to ticket holders
- 4:15pm: Augusta Hebbert, soprano
Agility championship intermediate/large final
The Kennel Club Hero Dog
Guide Dogs demonstration
Young Kennel Club stakes final and presentation
Gamekeepers competition final
Group judging (Gundog) and presentation
Augusta Hebbert, soprano
West Midlands police
Presentation of the police dog team operational and humanitarian action of the year award
Augusta Hebbert, soprano
Best in Show and presentation
- 9:00pm: Programme ends
Can you still get tickets for Crufts 2022?
Good news, for those who want to see competitors in the flesh, or fur - tickets are still available to purchase for Best in Show.
Ticket prices range from £20 for standard tickets up to £165 for the Crufts hospitality package, which includes a two course lunch with prosecco afternoon tea.
Tickets for all events can be purchased directly from the Crufts website.
How to watch Crufts on TV
Those who are unable to attend the event in Birmingham will still be able to see coverage of the competition on TV.
UK viewers can catch Crufts live on Channel 4 at the following times:
10 March - 3pm-4pm and 8pm-9pm
11 March - 3pm-4pm and 8pm-9pm
12 March - 3pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
13 March - 3pm-5.30pm and 7pm-9pm
How to watch Crufts online
In additional to live television coverage, events will be shown on More4, Channel 4’s free online streaming service, at the following times:
10 March - 6.30pm-8pm
11 March - 6.30pm-7.45pm
Those watching outside the UK can see all of the main arena and obedience ring events on the Crufts YouTube channel.
Additionally, The Kennel Club Podcast will be providing coverage of the event on iTunes.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going. You can also sign up to our newsletters and get a curated selection of our best reads to your inbox every day.