The TRIC Awards kicked off last night (15 September) in London, celebrating talent from across TV, radio and online platforms.
This is everything you need to know about the 2021 awards ceremony.
What are the awards?
TRIC stands for Television and Radio Industries Club, and is a British institution which, since 1931, “promotes goodwill in the television and radio industries”.
Since 1969, the awards have honoured celebrities and talent from throughout the television and radio industries to celebrate the achievements of online and on screen productions.
The TRIC Awards are also a not for profit organisation, with the proceeds raised at the event going to nominated charities. Each year the TRIC President and Chairman select their chosen charities to support, and this year they have selected:
- Combat Street, a charity which helps former servicemen and women deal with issues like PTSD, anxiety and depression
- AKT, a charity which supports LGBTQ+ people aged 16 - 25 in the UK who are facing or dealing with homelessness or a hostile living environment
Charities the TRIC Awards have worked with in the past include Help for Heroes, Prostate Cancer UK, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Diabetes UK.
When was the TRIC Awards 2021?
The 2021 TRIC Awards were held on Wednesday 15 September, and it saw guests like Piers Morgan, Kate Garraway and Roman Kemp in attendance.
Garraway was honoured with the TRIC Special Award, recognising her 25 year long career in the broadcasting industry.
After picking up the award, Garraway said: “It’s been tough for everybody, and so many people said how amazing it is that TV has stayed on air, radio kept going.
“It’s all the people that make the TV, and lay the cables, and sponsor the event. We’re all in an amazing industry. I think TV and radio has done something very special.
“It’s kept people informed, made people laugh, so everybody should be really proud. Thank you for allowing me to be part of something so amazing.”
The winners list in full
This is the full list of winners from the 2021 TRIC Awards.
Soap of the Year:
- Coronation Street - winner
- Shelley King - winner
- Danny Dyer
- Jane Danson
- Ant & Dec - winner
- Alison Hammond
- Bradley Walsh
- Roman Kemp - winner
- Tony Blackburn
- Zoe Ball
- Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp - winner
- Jason Manford
- Kate Garraway
Podcast of the Year:
- David Tennant Does a Podcast With… - winner
- Off Menu with Ed Gamble and James Acaster
- Shagged, Married, Annoyed
Multi-Channel News Programme:
- Good Morning Britain - winner
- BBC Breakfast
- Sky News
- Piers Morgan - winner
- Huw Edwards
- Susanna Reid
- Gordon, Gino and Fred: Road Trip - winner
- Saturday Morning with James Martin
- The Great British Bake Off
- The Crown - winner
- Call the Midwife
- Killing Eve
- Bridgerton - winner
- Gangs of London
- This Morning - winner
- Steph’s Packed Lunch
- The Chase
- Gogglebox - winner
- Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway
- Bradley Walsh & Son: Breaking Dad
- Would I Lie to You? - winner
- Sex Education
- After Life
- I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! - winner
- The Masked Singer
- Strictly Come Dancing
- The Repair Shop - winner
- 24 Hours in A&E
- Ross Kemp Living With…
- A League of Their Own - winner
- Match of the Day
- A Question of Sport
TRIC Special Award: Kate Garraway.
A message from the editor: Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going. You can also sign up to our newsletters and get a curated selection of our best reads to your inbox every day.