What week is it on Bake Off? German theme for week 5 explained, what will contestants make, and time it’s on
The first challenge will see the bakers make some traditional German biscuits
and live on Freeview channel 276
The Great British Bake Off is back for another week with the bakers tackling ‘German Week’.
It’s the first time the popular baking show is heading to the European destination for inspiration.
Last week saw the bakers taking dessert-themed bakes, with a sticky toffee pudding technical and a Joconde sponge showstopper.
Here’s everything you need to know about German Week on the Bake Off 2021.
What challenges will bakers face in German week?
The first challenge will see the bakers make some traditional German biscuits. Lebkuchen is a honey-heavy biscuit that is similar to gingerbread. It is traditional to see at German markets at Christmas time.
The technical challenge will involve a torte bake of some sort.
The showstopper will task the bakers to put together a tiered cake using yeast .
The challenges will be difficult for everyone in the tent, but all eyes will be on Jürgen who originally comes from the country.
What bakers are still in the show?
- Amanda, 56, a Met Police detective from London
- Freya, 19, a student and model from North Yorkshire
- Jürgen, 56, an IT professional from Sussex
- Chigs, 40, a car production operative from Liverpool
- George, 34, a Shared Lives coordinator from London
- Crystelle, 26, a client relationship manager, of London
- Giuseppe, 45, a chief engineer from Bristol
- Lizzie, 28, a car production operative from Liverpool
What time is Bake Off on TV tonight?
Week five of The Great British Bake Off will air on Tuesday 19 October at 8pm on Channel 4.