Now that autumn has officially begun, there’s nothing like a comforting cup of coffee and a hearty snack to make you feel cosy.
From the popular pumpkin spice latte to a spicy chicken and red pepper soup, here are the highlights of the autumn menus from outlets such as Greggs, Pret A Manger, Costa and Starbucks. Prices may vary across locations.
There’s something for everyone from savouries to hot drinks with an autumnal twist.
- Pumpkin spice latte - featuring steamed milk and sweet pumpkin spice flavour syrup, prices start at £1.95 for a regular size latte.
- The vegan sausage breakfast roll - this new menu addition is made with vegan Quorn mycoprotein sausages in a corn top roll, £1.90.
- Spicy chicken and red pepper soup - packed with chicken, vegetables, rice and cajun spices and chilli, £2.
- Sticky toffee muffin - a toffee flavour muffin with toffee and caramel flavour fudge pieces, £1.25.
Costa’s autumn range is packed full of mouth-watering treats.
- Vegan gingerbread latte cookie, a crunchy cookie with white icing drizzle, £2.
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange® brownie, it features layers of Terry’s Chocolate Orange® segments throughout, made with real orange oil, £2.
- The mallow pumpkin shortcake, a shortcake biscuit base topped with mallow and an iced pumpkin face, £2.
Fan favourite pumpkin spice latte, is back on the menu, however Starbucks also has a host of other drinks and snacks.
- As well as the pumpkin spice latte, which this year can be customised with Starbucks original nut blend. Prices start from £3.55 there’s also a frappuccino version, from £3.65.
- Brie, butternut and chutney focaccia - creamy brie and maple roasted butternut squash with a pear and fig chutney, from £4.59.
- Pumpkin spice cookie, a vegan cookie topped with pumpkin seeds and cranberries, from £1.59.
- New to Starbucks is the iced salted maple and caramel latte, available for a limited time only in the UK. The beverage infuses milk and blonde espresso with a salted maple sauce.
Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger unveiled its autumn menu recently featuring tasty Mexican flavours, a vegan meatball pot and its new autumn soup rota.
- Pumpkin spice latte, £2.85.
- Chicken pot pie soup - on the autumn soup rota - the creamy soup is packed with vegetables and served with a puff pastry pie top, £3.85.
- Meatless meatball protein pot - a new vegan breakfast protein pot combines breakfast mushrooms topped with chunky vegan meatballs. Finished with a portion of breakfast beans, £3.35.
- Pret’s chicken & chilli burrito features layer of brown rice topped with mixed bean chilli and refried beans. Finished with British chicken breast coated with chipotle ketchup, red pepper and melting cheddar cheese. Wrapped up in a kibbled rye wrap, £4.65.
Caffe Nero has a warming chai latte with a blend of cinnamon, spices and black tea, it also has its caramelatte on the menu too - featuring steamed milk, espresso, topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
While McDonald’s has yet to reveal its full autumn menu - it does have a salted caramel latte, at £1.69, among its current offerings.
We want to hear from you: let us know what you think about this story and be part of the debate in our comments section below
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going. You can also sign up to our email newsletters and get a curated selection of our best reads to your inbox every day.