Knife-wielding burglar Tasered as he tried to chase terrified woman through her own home

Jacek Gralak attacked four people in a rampage on Christmas Eve 2020

Watch more of our videos on Shots!
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

A knife-wielding burglar was Tasered as he tried to chase a terrified woman through her own home.

Jacek Gralak, 25, was arrested by officers who caught him inside a victim’s house in Gravesend, Kent, after he attacked four people in a rampage on Christmas Eve 2020.

His crime spree began just after 7.45pm when a man went into his front garden after putting rubbish in his skip and found Gralak in his living room.

After talking to Gralak, the attacker pushed the man onto the sofa and lunged at him several times with a knife.

None of the lunges made contact with the victim and Gralak then fled the scene on foot.

As he walked away, Gralak started a second altercation with a different man, pulling out a knife and then kicking him to the floor.

The thug then ran away when passers-by stepped in, before he forced his way into a nearby house.

Once inside, Gralak punched and kicked another man and threatened him with a knife, before the victim was able to get into his conservatory away from the attacker.

Police arrived at the scene as the attack was happening and ran into the building after hearing cries for help.

Officers found a woman running from the kitchen after trying to hold the door shut to keep Gralak on the other side, but she had to flee in terror.

Officers shot Gralak with a Taser

Police officers were able to get themselves between the woman and Gralak before shooting the burglar with a Taser.

Video footage from the officer’s body worn camera showed Gralak getting shot with a Taser in the woman’s kitchen.

He was taken to a nearby hospital for a precautionary check after he was arrested and has since been remanded in custody.

While in hospital he tried to urinate against a wall but was stopped by a police constable, who Gralak then elbowed.

Gralak, who lives in Gravesend, pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated burglary, actual bodily harm and possessing a bladed article as well as assaulting an emergency worker.

At the Nightingale Court in Maidstone, Gralak was jailed for eight-and-a-half years last Friday (August 20).

A ‘highly dangerous man’

Detective Constable Helen Cole, Kent Police’s investigating officer for the case, today (Wed described Gralak as a “highly dangerous man”.

She said: “Gralak inflicted a huge amount of terror upon victims he indiscriminately targeted.

“His offending was excessively violent, completely senseless and has understandably had a profound impact on the people he threatened and assaulted.

“He has shown himself to be a highly dangerous man who has absolutely zero regard for anyone else.

“The officers who were first on scene took quick and decisive action to bring Gralak under control and stop him causing further harm.

“I am pleased that a strong custodial sentence has now been imposed, and I hope this outcome provides the victims with a degree of closure.”

He has now been jailed for eight-and-a-half years after his crime spree was brought to a halt after reports of an armed man threatening people inside two homes and the street outside.

A message from the editor:

Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going.

Related topics: