Who is Amanda Staveley? Newcastle United takeover involvement and net worth of British businesswoman explained

The English chief executive has been the face of the Saudi Arabia-backed takeover of the Premier League club from Mike Ashley

Newcastle United have new owners after an 18 month battle with the Premier League.

The group taking over the club from former owner Mike Ashley have paid over £300m to purchase the club and are made up of three separate parties.

Sign up to our World of Sport newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The Public Investment Fund (PIF) of Saudi Arabia have provided the bulk of the funds and take ownership of 80% of the club while the other 20% is split equally between the Reuben brothers, who were last year named as the second richest family in the UK and English business woman Amanda Staveley, chief executive of PCP Capital Partners.

For all the latest on the NUFC takeover, head over to our sister title NewcastleWorld.com and follow Liam Kennedy’s coverage on Twitter at @newcastle_world and @LiamJKennedy23

Here is everything you need to know about the woman who has been the public face of the Newcastle United takeover:

Who is Amanda Staveley?

Newcastle United's new director Amanda Staveley arrives with colleagues at St James' Park in Newcastle upon Tyne in northeast England on October 8, 2021, after the sale of the football club to a Saudi-led consortium was confirmed the previous day.

Amanda Staveley is the chief executive of PCP Capital Partners.

The 48-year old businesswoman is a alumnus of St Catharine's College, a constituent college of the University of Cambridge, and was born in Ripon, North Yorkshire.

In October 2011, she married British-Iranian financier Mehrdad Ghodoussi and lives in Dubai.

Who are PCP Capital Partners?

PCP Capital Partners are a Private Equity investment firm, operated by Staveley.

The company have previously acted for Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the Abu Dhabi royal family and were involved in Mansour's high-profile purchase of Manchester City in September 2008.

In 2016, the same firm was involved in a joint bid to buy a share in Liverpool but were unsuccessful.

What is Amanda Staveley’s role at Newcastle United?

Amanda Staveley is now a director on the Newcastle board.

Staveley has been a part of the bid to takeover the Premier League club since the first bid was submitted in 2017.

What percentage of Newcastle United does Amanda Staveley own?

Amanda Staveley owns 10% of Newcastle United Football Club.

When the £300 million deal was successfully concluded this month, Staveley took a 10% share in Newcastle United.

Reuben Brothers also took a 10% share in the club and the Saudi Public Investment Fund took an 80% share.

What is Amanda Staveley’s net worth?

Amanda Staveley’s net worth has been reported as around £110m.

When PCP Capital Partners acted for Sheikh Mansour in 2008 when he invested £3.5 billion in Barclay’s Bank to control 165 of the bank, the deal was reported to have earned Staveley’s company a commission of £110 million, representing a profit of £40 million.

What does the Newcastle United takeover mean for fans?

Liam Kennedy, Newcastle United writer for National World sister title NewcastleWorld, says the takeover is a “monumental moment” for supporters of the football club.

He said: “This is a monumental moment in time for Newcastle United fans.

“They’ve collectively lived through the near 15 years of Mike Ashley, a loveless, hopeless marriage of convenience, punctuated with neglectful moments, tarnished by decay.

“Now, with new owners, there is hope. And this all Newcastle fans have yearned for.”

A message from the editor:

Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going. You can also sign up to our email newsletters and get a curated selection of our best reads to your inbox every day.