US Open 2021: tennis tournament schedule, order of play today, top men’s and women’s seeds - and latest odds
Novak Djokovic is tipped for a fourth US Open title at Flushing Meadows in a Grand Slam he has won in 2011, 2015 and 2018
The US Open is upon us.
New York’s Flushing Meadows welcomes the world’s top tennis players for two weeks of on court action, with spectators in the stands.
Here’s all you need to know about the US Open schedule, the order of play, top men’s and women’s seeds and the latest odds on overall tournament winners.
US Open 2021 schedule
Two weeks of US Open tennis action has begun.
Following the qualification days, the first rounds of the men’s and women’s draws took place across Monday 30 and Tuesday 31 August.
The first, second, third and round of 16 matches are played in week one of the US Open before the quarter finals kick in from Tuesday 7 September.
Further quarter finals in the doubles and wheelchair tennis continue throughout week two before the finals over the weekend of Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 September.
- Monday 30 August 2021 - Men’s & Women’s 1st Round
- Tuesday 31 August 2021 - Men’s & Women’s 1st Round
- Wednesday 1 September 2021 - Men’s & Women’s 2nd Round, Men’s & Women’s Doubles 1st Round
- Thursday 2 September 2021 - Men’s & Women’s 2nd Round, Men’s & Women’s Doubles 1st Round
- Friday 3 September 2021 - Men’s & Women’s 3rd Round, Men’s & Women’s Doubles 2nd Round
- Saturday 4 September 2021 - Men’s & Women’s 3rd Round, Men’s & Women’s Doubles 2nd Round
- Sunday 5 September 2021 - Men’s & Women’s Round of 16, Men’s & Women’s Doubles 3rd Round
- Monday 6 September 2021 - Men’s & Women’s Round of 16, Men’s & Women’s Doubles 3rd Round
- Tuesday 7 September 2021 - Men’s & Women’s Quarterfinals, Men’s Doubles Quarterfinals
- Wednesday 8 September 2021 - Men’s & Women’s Quarterfinals, Women’s Doubles Quarterfinals
- Thursday 9 September 2021 - Men’s & Women’s Wheelchair Singles Quarterfinals, Men’s & Women’s Wheelchair Doubles Semifinals, Quad Wheelchair Singles Quarterfinals, Quad Wheelchair Doubles Semifinals, Men’s & Women’s Doubles Semifinals, Women’s Semifinals
- Friday 10 September 2021 - Men’s Doubles Final or Mixed Doubles Final, Men’s & Women’s Wheelchair Singles Semifinals, Quad Wheelchair Singles Semifinals, Men’s Semifinals
- Saturday 11 September 2021 - Women’s Wheelchair Doubles Final, Men’s Wheelchair Doubles Final, Quad Wheelchair Doubles Final, Mixed Doubles Final or Men’s Doubles Final, Women’s Final
- Sunday 12 September 2021 - Men’s Wheelchair Singles FInal, Women’s Wheelchair Singles Final, Quad Wheelchair Singles Final, Women’s Doubles Final, Men’s Final
US Open 2021 order of play
The action in the first week of the US Open begins at 11am (local time) and is the first of two sessions in the day, with the evening session starting at 7pm.
This changes to a 12noon start time in the second week, with both women’s and men’s singles finals scheduled to start from 4pm over the 11 and 12 September.
The US Open is being played in New York, USA, which is in a different time zone to the UK.
UK viewers wanting to follow the US Open will have to bear in mind the UK is five hours ahead of New York, altering the start times for tennis fans this side of the Atlantic Ocean.
It means the first session of the first week will begin at 4pm (British Summer Time) and the second session of the first week will begin at 12 midnight (BST).
The first session of the second week will start from 5pm (BST) and the second session of the second week will begin at 12 midnight (BST).
Both men’s and women’s finals are scheduled for a 9pm start (BST).
US Open 2021 - men’s seeds top 10
Top men’s seed Novak Djokovic has hopes of winning a fourth US Open, adding to his titles won in 2011, 2015 and 2018.
If the Serb were to win the US Open 2021 he would hold all four Grand Slams in the same year after Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon successes.
- Novak Djokovic - Serbia
- Daniil Medvedev - Russia
- Stefanos Tsitsipas - Greece
- Alexander Zverev - Germany
- Andrey Rublev - Russia
- Matteo Berrettini - Italy
- Denis Shapovalov - Canada
- Casper Ruud - Norway
- Pablo Carreno Busta - Spain
- Hubert Hurkacz - Poland
US Open 2021 - women’s seeds top 10
Australian tennis ace Ash Barty tops the women’s seeds for the US Open 2021.
The No.1 ranked player in the world is looking to add to her 2019 French Open and 2021 Wimbledon Championships Grand Slam wins.
- Ashleigh Barty - Australia
- Aryna Sabalenka - Belarus
- Naomi Osaka - Japan
- Karolina Pliskova - Czech Republic
- Elina Svitolina - Ukraine
- Bianca Andreescu - Canada
- Iga Swiatek - Poland
- Barbora Krejcikova - Czech Republic
- Garbine Muguruza - Spain
- Petra Kvitova - Czech Republic
US Open 2021 latest odds - winners
It will come as no surprise to see Novak Djokovic as the bookies’ favourite to add to his Grand Slam collection at the US Open 2021.
Men’s US Open winner odds
- Novak Djokovic - 13/15
- Daniil Medvedev - 9/2
- Alexander Zverev - 7/1
- Stefanos Tsitsipas - 16/1
- Andrey Rublev - 22/1
- Matteo Berrettini - 25/1
Equally, Ash Barty’s top seeding in the women’s draw has also transferred into the bookies’ thinking for the US Open 2021 winner.
Women’s US Open winner odds
- Ashleigh Barty - 19/5
- Naomi Osaka - 28/5
- Aryna Sabalenka - 27/2
- Barbora Krejcikova - 17/1
- Karolina Pliskova - 20/1
- Cori Gauff - 25/1