When is the Grand National 2023: how to watch Aintree horse races on UK TV - time and schedule
Everything you need to know as Corach Rambler and Noble Yeats prepare for Grand National
and live on Freeview channel 276
Red Rum, Tiger Roll and L’Escargot have all firmly placed their names into the Aintree history books and this year, Noble Yeats will hope to add their name to the list as they look to replicate an emotional win in last year’s race as Sam Waley-Cohen guided the 50/1 shot home after seeing off the challenges of Any Second Now and Delta Work.
A total of 85 horses had initially been entered to take part in the main event on Saturday but now only fifty remain just days before with the final 40 confirmed on Thursday afternoon. Corach Rambler is the other big name which the bookies’ have tipped to win with his handler, Lucinda Russell’ saying the upcoming Grand National is her horses’ “ticket to greatness.”
With only a few days to go before the big event, here is all you need to know ahead of the iconic horse-racing festival...
When is the Grand National?
The horse-racing festival will begin on Thursday 13 April and concludes on Saturday 15 April with the Grand National Steeplechase taking place on the Saturday. The full schedule is listed below.
How to watch the Grand National
ITV will have the coverage from the upcoming festival with broadcasting starting at 2pm and finishing at 5pm on Thursday and Friday and 6.15pm on Saturday.
The horse-racing can be found on ITV1 and fans can also stream the action through ITVX. Ed Chamberlain will lead the presenting team and is set to be joined by former jockeys Sir AP McCoy and Ruby Walsh as well as Rishi Persad, Chris Hughes and Alice Plunkett.
Grand National Festival schedule
Here is the full schedule of races (all times are BST):
Thursday 15 April:
- 1.45pm: The Racehorse Lotto Manifesto Novices’ Steeple Chase, Grade 1
- 2.20pm: The Jewson Anniversary 4-y-o Juvenile Hurdle, Grade 1
- 2.55pm: The Aintree Bowl Steeple Chase, Grade 1
- 3.30pm: The William Hill Aintree Hurdle, Grade 1
- 4.05pm: The Randox Foxhunters’ Open Hunters’ Steeple Chase
- 4.40pm: The Close Brothers Red Rum Handicap Steeple Chase, Grade 3
- 5.15pm: The Goffs UK Nickel Coin Mares’ Standard Open NH Flat, Grade 2
Friday 14 April, Ladies Day:
- 1.45pm: The Mildmay Novices’ Steeple Chase, Grade 1
- 2.20pm: The William Hill Handicap Hurdle, Grade 3
- 2.55pm: The Top Novices’ Hurdle, Grade 1
- 3.30pm: The Marsh Steeple Chase, Grade 1
- 4.05pm: The Randox Supports Race Against Dementia Topham Handicap Steepe Chase, Grade 3
- 4.40pm: The Cavani Menswear Sefton Novices’ Hurdle, Grade 1
- 5.15pm: The Abersoch Land and Sea Handicap Hurdle
Saturday 15 April: Randox Grand National Day:
- 1.45pm: The EFT Systems Maghull Novices’ Steeple Chase, Grade 1
- 2.25pm: The Bridle Road Handicap Hurdle, Grade 3
- 3pm: The Turners Mersey Novices’ Hurdle, Grade 1
- 3.35pm: The JRL Group Liverpool Hurdle, Grade 1
- 4.15pm: The William Hill Freebooter Handicap Steeple Chase, Grade 3
- 5.15pm: The Randox Grand National Steeple Chase, Grade 3
- 6.20pm: The Weatherbys nhstallions.co.uk Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race, Grade 2