For Week 5 the popular series took part in a 100 year special episode as part of the BBC’s centenary celebrations. So when is Strictly on next and what can we expect from week 6? Here’s everything you need to know.
When is Strictly Come Dancing on next?
Strictly Come Dancing will next air on Saturday 29 October at 6.50pm. Week 6 will see the remaining couples take part in a Halloween special.
If you can’t wait until next week you can tune into It Takes Two every weeknight at 6.30pm on BBC Two. Hosted by Rylan Clark and Janette Manrara it gives exclusive interviews and fans a first glimpse at next week’s choreography.
How can I watch Strictly Come Dancing?
You can watch Strictly Come Dancing on BBC One. For anyone who misses them, episodes will be available to watch on BBC iPlayer once they have aired on BBC.
What were the songs and dances for Strictly Come Dancing 100 Special?
For Week 5 Strictly Come Dancing took part in the BBC’s centenary celebrations, with the 12 remaining couples dancing to some of the broadcaster’s most well known theme tunes including Casualty, Blue Peter and Eastenders.
Here is the full list of dances and songs contestants will be performing:
- Ellie Simmons and Nikita Kuzmin will be dancing the Paso Doble to theme tune of The Aprentice
- Will Mellor and Nancy Xu will perform a Viennese Waltz to the the theme tune of Line of Duty
- Ellie Taylor and Johannes Radebe will be dancing the Tango to the theme tune of Casualty
- Fluer East and Vito Coppola will be dancing the Jive to ABBA’s Waterloo for Eurovision
- Kim Marsh and Graziano Di Prima will dance the quickstep to Ballroom Blitz for Strictly Come Dancing
- Jayde Adams and Karen Hauer will dance the charleston to BBC Comedy drama Victoria Wood
- Helen Skelton and Gorka Marquez will perform the charleston to the Blue Peter theme tune
- Molly Rainford and Carlos Gu will take part in the couples’ choice to the Grange Hill theme tune
- James Bye and Amy Dowden will be performing the foxtrot to the Eastenders theme tune
- Tony Adams and Katya Jones will dance the cha cha to the Grandstand theme tune
- Hamza Yassin and Jowita Pryztal will perform the quickstep to On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons for BBC Nature
- Tyler West and Dianne Buswell will dance the tango to Doctor Who
What happened on Strictly Come Dancing last night?
The celebrity dancers were feeling the heat with week 5 seeing them perform for a special episode celebrating the BBC’s 100th birthday.
Will Mellor was back after missing last week due to illness and impressed the judges with his Viennese Waltz to the Line of Duty theme tune, whilst Helen Skelton found herself topping the leaderboard with her Blue Peter charleston.
However, Tony Adams struggled to break through again this week, failing to impress the judges with his Grandstand Cha Cha and only scoring 19 points out of 40.
But, it was Jaye Adams and professional dance partner Karen Hauer who left the competition this week after finding themselves in the bottom two. Adams competed against Molly Rainford in the dance off, but her charleston wasn’t enough to save her.
Speaking about her time on the show Adams said: “This has been the best thing I have ever done in my life and I will carry it to my grave, and it has been an absolute pleasure working with you [Karen Hauer] and learning about so much that will go into my own stuff, in my own work. You are one of the most gifted people I have ever worked with, Karen.”
What contestants are left in Strictly 2022?
The full lineup of Strictly was announced by the BBC in August. Contestants included actor Will Mellow, musician Matt Goss and Paralympian swimmer Ellie Simmonds.
However so far we have seen three celebrity dancers leave the competition after being voted off. Here are the contestants left in Strictly Come Dancing 2022:
- Will Mellor
- Kym Marsh
- Jayde Adams
- Ellie Simmons
- Ellie Taylor
- Tyler West
- Fleur East
- James Bye
- Hamza Yassin
- Helen Skelton
- Tony Adams
- Molly Rainford
Here are the contestants that have been voted off Strictly:
- Week 2 - Kaye Adams
- Week 3 - Richie Anderson
- Week 4 - Matt Goss
- Week 5 - Jaye Adams
Who are the professional dancers?
This season will see four new professional dancers join the stage. Season 19 saw professional dancer Anton Du Beke step down to become a judge, taking over from Bruno Tonioli. The professional dancers on Strictly Come Dancing 2022 are:
- Oti Mabuse
- Amy Dowden
- Aljaž Škorjanec
- Giovanni Pernice
- Dianne Buswell
- Gorka Marquez
- Graziano Di Prima
- Johannes Radebe
- Karen Hauer
- Katya Jones
- Luba Mushtuk
- Nadiya Bychkova
- Nancy Xu
- Neil Jones
- Kai Widdrington
- Cameron Lombard
- Nikita Kuzmin
- Jowita Przystal
- Vito Coppola
- Carlos Gu
- Lauren Oakle
- Michelle Tsiakkas.
Who are the Strictly Come Dancing presenters?
Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman have presented Strictly Come Dancing since it began in 2014. The pair return to host the show for its 20th season.
Who are the Strictly Come Dancing judges?
The judges this year are: Motsi Mabuse, Craig Revel Horwood, head judge Shirley Ballas and Anton Du Beke.
Bruno Tonioli confirmed earlier this year that he would be leaving the UK series. In season 19, the dancer, who lives in the US, was unable to come to the UK due to travel restrictions.
He appeared as a judge virtually for a few episodes, but was replaced by professional dancer Du Beke.