The National Television Awards will see all three stars of Line Of Duty vie for the drama performance prize.
Adrian Dunbar (Ted Hastings), Martin Compston (Steve Arnott) and Vicky McClure (Kate Fleming) are all in the running, alongside Olly Alexander for Aids series It’s A Sin and David Tennant for Des, a drama about serial killer Dennis Nilsen.
This is when the 2021 NTA will take place, the full list of nominations and how to cast your vote.
Who else is nominated for the National Television Awards 2021?
Here are the nominations in full:
- Olly Alexander - Ritchie Tozer, It’s A Sin
- Martin Compston - Steve Arnott, Line of Duty
- Adrian Dunbar - Ted Hastings, Line of Duty
- Vicky McClure - Kate Fleming, Line of Duty
- David Tennant - Dennis Nilsen, Des
- It’s A Sin
- Normal People
- Call the Midwife
- Line of Duty
- The Crown
- Coronation Street
Serial drama performance
- Sally Carman - Abi Franklin, Coronation Street
- Danny Dyer - Mick Carter, EastEnders
- Mollie Gallagher - Nina Lucas, Coronation Street
- Billy Price - Sid Sumner, Hollyoaks
- Rose Ayling-Ellis - Frankie Lewis, EastEnders
- Rhiannon Clements - Summer Ranger, Hollyoaks
- Olivia D’Lima - Paramedic Fenisha Khatri, Casualty
- Emile John - Ethan Anderson, Emmerdale
- Jude Riordan - Sam Blakeman, Coronation Street
- Ant and Dec
- Alison Hammond
- Piers Morgan
- Bradley Walsh
- Holly Willoughby
Bruce Forsyth entertainment award
- Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway
- I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
- The Graham Norton Show
- Britain’s Got Talent
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK
- Strictly Come Dancing
- The Masked Singer
- Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins
- Love Island
- The Great British Bake Off
- The Great British Sewing Bee
Quiz game show
- Beat the Chasers
- Celebrity Catchphrase
- In For A Penny
- Michael McIntyre’s The Wheel
- Kate Garraway: Finding Derek
- Katie Price: Harvey and Me
- Marcus Rashford: Feeding Britain’s Children
- Rob Burrow: My Year With MND
- Roman Kemp: Our Silent Emergency
- Caroline Flack: Her Life and Death
- Gordon, Gino and Fred: American Road Trip
- Paul O’Grady: For the Love of Dogs
- Loose Women
- The Chase
- The Repair Shop
- This Morning
- After Life
- Friday Night Dinner
- Sex Education
- The Vicar of Dibley
The awards see Piers Morgan shortlisted for an award, months after he left Good Morning Britain.
The presenter left the ITV show in March following incendiary comments about the Duchess of Sussex.
The 56-year-old has continued to host interview show Piers Morgan’s Life Stories for the channel, recently sitting down with Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer and actress Dame Joan Collins.
He will compete against Ant and Dec, Bradley Walsh and This Morning stars Holly Willoughby and Alison Hammond for the TV presenter prize at the NTAs.
How to cast your National Television Awards vote
You can vote for your TV favourites free online at the National Television Awards website. Alternatively, you can also vote by phone on 0905 647 2021 - calls cost 25p per minute plus network access charge. Callers are advised the call should take no longer than seven minutes.
Voting closes 12noon on Thursday 9 September 2021.
When are the National Television Awards 2021?
The National Television Awards will take place in London on September 9.
How can I watch the National Television Awards?
This 2021 NTA ceremony will be screened live on ITV on September 9. It will also be available to watch through the broadcaster’s streaming service ITV Hub.
Who is hosting the awards?
The awards will be hosted by comedian Joel Dommett.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going. You can also sign up to our newsletters and get a curated selection of our best reads to your inbox every day.