What happened to Katie Price? Who is boyfriend Carl Woods, was she attacked, and alleged assault explained

The 43-year-old former model met boyfriend Carl Woods back in 2020, and the pair got engaged earlier this year

Katie Price, also known by her old pseudonym Jordan, has been involved in an alleged attack that saw her go to the hospital, and has left her with facial injuries.

This is what you need to know.

Sign up to our NationalWorld Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

What happened?

The former glamour model was allegedly involved in an attack that left her with a facial injury.

Emergency services were called out to a property in Little Canfield, Essex, early on Monday (23 August) morning.

Speaking to The Sun, Price shared some details about the incident.

She said: “I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital. I’m still all dazed. I’m devastated.

“I’ve told the police that I was assaulted, and am in shock that this happened.

“I ran away after being punched - I ran to Harvey’s house nearby and have now done damage to my feet, which I previously injured.

“The fight was unprovoked - I was just sitting there watching telly when the assault happened.

“I can’t say any more.”

According to The Sun, the police are investigating claims that Price had her seven-carat diamond engagement ring taken from her during the alleged assault. The ring is estimated to be worth around £50,000, and was custom made for the 43-year-old by a jeweller in East London.

A source reportedly told The Sun that Price “no longer has her [engagement] ring” and that “it cost thousands but went during the incident”. Price was given the ring by her fiance Carl Woods, who proposed earlier this year.

What have the police said?

When the incident first occurred, a statement from Essex Police said: “We were called by colleagues in the ambulance service to reports of an assault in The Meadows, Little Canfield, shortly after 1.30am this morning, Monday August 23.

“We arrived and found a woman had sustained a facial injury which required hospital treatment.

“A 32-year-old man was arrested a short time later on suspicion of assault. He remains in custody.”

In a further statement, Essex Police added: “Our investigations are continuing at the scene today.”

The most recent news from Essex Police explains that the man who had been arrested after the alleged attack has now been released on police bail.

“A 32-year-old man arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour has been released on bail until September 20,” Essex Police said.

What did she say about court?

Price reportedly said that she “cannot face” a court hearing following her alleged attack.

On Wednesday (25 August), The Sun reported that Price was not “mentally strong enough” to appear as a witness.

An unnamed friend of hers reportedly told the newspaper: “This is a nightmare situation for Katie.

“She absolutely stands by her account of events of that night given to police, but upon reflection isn’t sure she’s mentally strong enough to go through yet another court appearance.

“She doesn’t want to be dragged through the mill, and her private life scrutinised by all and sundry. Katie doesn’t see any other way out.”

Has she deleted social media?

According to The Sun, a source said: “Katie’s taken a step back from social media and has handed everything over to her team.

“She doesn’t need to be seeing trolls’ comments on her Instagram, so she’ll have a break for a few days and leave it all to her team to post.”

Price hasn’t posted on Instagram since before the alleged attack took place. Her last post was that of her daughter Bunny with their dog Buddy.

She wrote, “Excuse the mess, we are doing Carl’s house up but how cute does Bunny look with Buddy”, with a heart emoji.

Price also hasn’t been active on Twitter either, with her last tweet from Monday 23 August promoting Celebrity Masterchef which she took part in.

Is she going on holiday?

Following the alleged attack, Price reportedly pulled out of an awards show she was meant to appear in, opting instead to continuing recovering from the incident.

A source told The Sun: “She’s thinking of jetting off for a few days next month to get some time and space.”

To help aid her recovery, Price is reportedly spending the August bank holiday with family and friends.

The source said: “She’s been through hell. But her family and friends have rallied round and been amazing.

“Katie’s actually really proud of the decision she made not to attend the awards show. In the past she might have jumped right back in but Katie is trying to be kind to herself and try to get her head round what’s happened.

“It’s been tough but day by day she is getting there now. Katie is strong and will come through this.”

An insider also reportedly said that Price is looking at “getting a security team in place” following the alleged attack.

They said: “Katie is considering getting a security team in place and has spoken to guys she has used in the past.

“She is also thinking of getting a dog and a panic alarm so that she feels even safer.

“Katie’s priority is feeling safe and making sure her and the kids are in no danger and she’ll do anything to make sure that is the case.”

What has Kerry Katona said?

Writing in her column for New! magazine, Katona wrote: “What happened to Katie Price is devastating and I want to send her lots of love.

“The thought of anyone laying a hand on her - whether it’s a man or a woman - make’s me so sad.

“Katie has always been there for me when I’ve been in a difficult situation and she knows I’m here for her now, and I’ve reached out to her. Everyone is rallying around her and supporting her.”

The pair first became friends when they met during the 2004 season of I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!.

Has she been seen with Carl Woods?

Price and her fiance have been pictured together for the first time since the alleged attack on 23 August.

It has been reported that Price was accompanied by a police car to her mansion, and the pair were photographed as they arrived at Price’s property in West Sussex.

Woods was seen driving his Bently with Price beside him.

Who is Carl Woods?

Carl Woods is Price’s fiance. The pair got engaged earlier this year in April, having been dating since June 2020.

Woods, 31-years-old, is a car dealer from Essex, but you may also recognise him from his stint on Love Island in 2016.

He appeared on the second season of the reality dating show as a bombshell during a speed dating challenge, but unfortunately he didn’t make it into the main villa.

Woods also appeared on ITV2’s Killer Camp, which he won, a game show which saw contestants trying to earn money while at the same time trying to figure out the identity of the secret murderer amongst the group before they themselves get killed off.

Speaking to OK! Magazine after Woods proposed, Price said: “I didn’t have to buy my own ring this time! It was made from scratch and came out of his own money.

“He designed it - it’s really special. It’ls like a fairy-tale ring and massive. It’s like something out of Hollywood. It’s more than I could dream of.”

What has the response to the alleged attack been like?

Price has seen an outpouring of support from users on Twitter, with many defending the 43-year-old TV personality.

One person wrote: “As a survivor of domestic abuse, violence is NEVER OK it doesn’t matter who it is. Whatever you think of Katie Price, she does not ever deserve to be abused. Katie might not see your “joke” tweets, but your friends/family/colleagues who have experienced domestic abuse will.”

Another Tweeted: “Replace the words Katie Price with vulnerable mother! It makes no difference, but might make those that leave the vile comments reflect on how really despicable they are.”

“If anyone is in doubt of the disdain & hate many men have for women, check out the Tweets about Katie Price & the alleged domestic violence she just suffered. Regardless of what people think of her, she didn’t deserve it or ask for it. Victim blaming is wrong on so many levels,” wrote another.

Another user Tweeted: “If you’re out here saying Katie Price deserves to be hospitalised from domestic violence just because you don’t like her or don’t agree with her actions over the years, you are straight up VILE creatures, have some humanity for once in your lives.”

If you or someone you know is struggling with abuse, there are lots of resources across the UK available to help, including:

  • National Domestic Abuse helpline is a freephone 24 hour helpline which provides advice and support to women, and can refer them to emergency accommodation. You can phone 0808 2000 247, or use the online chat function on the website. 
  • The Men’s Advice Line, run by Respect, offers a helpline for male victims of domestic abuse, which you can access by calling 0808 8010327, or using the online chat function on the website. 
  • Galop is an LGBTQ+ anti-abuse charity, and offers help for LGBTQ+ victims and survivors of domestic abuse. You can phone them on 0800 999 5428, or using the online chat function on the website. 

A message from the editor:

Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going. You can also sign up to our newsletters and get a curated selection of our best reads to your inbox every day.