This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.
Regardless of how you feel about Valentine’s Day - whether you adore all things romantic, or think it’s all a load of old tosh - it offers a delightful excuse to enjoy a great meal with someone you care about, be it a romantic partner, family, a housemate or just your bestie.
But we don’t all have the time to spend in our kitchen cooking up a two course meal from scratch - especially this year, when 14 February falls on a Tuesday, when many of us will spend most of the day at work or higher education. No one would judge you for turning to a Tesco Finest ready meal.
The supermarket has launched its annual ‘Valentine’s Day Finest dinner for two meal deal’. With a total of 10 mains, 6 sides, 6 desserts and 10 drinks to choose from, including heart shaped dishes, there are multiple meal combinations you can create. It’s one of the most budget friendly options available this year too - providing you have signed up to the Tesco Clubcard scheme - costing just £6 per head.
Alongside the fantastic food offering, Tesco are also selling a line of love themed gifts, including mugs, games, kitchenware and sentimental pieces, making it even easier to get Valentine’s Day 2023 all wrapped up. For even more present ideas, check out our guides to the best Valentine’s Day food and drink gifts, the best perfumes for her and also the best flowers for home delivery.
Below, we’ve included the full Finest Dinner for Two food and drink menu and some of our favourite products from the Valentine gift range, plus details of how to buy both.
What is included in the Tesco Finest Dinner for Two?
You can get a main, side, dessert which is big enough for two people to share as part of the Tesco Finest Valentine’s Dinner for two meal deal, plus an alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink to share too, at for £12 for Tesco Clubcard members.
It’s worth noting, though, if you don’t have a Clubcard you’ll have to pay for your chosen meal deal items separately and won’t get any discount. Signing up for a Clubcard is free however and can be done online or instore.
What’s on the menu in the Tesco Finest Dinner for Two?
Here’s the full menu for the 2023 Tesco Valentine’s Day Dinner for Two:
- Tesco Finest Ranch Steaks Plus Garlic & Herb & Pepper Butter - £6
- Tesco Finest Tomato Mascarpone And Basil Risotto (V) - £6
- Tesco Finest Vegetable Moussaka (V) - £6
- Tesco Finest Chicken in Cabernet Sauvignon - £6
- Tesco Finest Chicken Legs Mushroom White Wine & Tarragon - £6
- Tesco Finest Salmon Gratin - £6
- Tesco Finest British Beef Burger Kit - £6
- Tesco Finest Beef Bourguignon Pies - £6
- Tesco Finest Beef Lasagne - £6
- Finest Duck Breast Portions with a Raspberry Hoisin Sauce - £6
- Tesco Finest Green Vegetable Selection (V) - £2.60
- Tesco Finest Creamed Spinach (V) - £2.60
- Tesco Finest Chunky Chips (V) - £2.60
- Tesco Finest Meal Deal Potato Dauphinoise (V) - £2.60
- Tesco Finest Truffle Mac & Cheese (V) - £2.60
- Tesco Finest Heart Shaped Potato Croquettes (V)
- Tesco Finest White Chocolate and Raspberry Pots (V) - £3
- Tesco Finest 2 Millionaire’s Tarts (V) - £3
- Tesco Finest 2 Caramel Melt in Middle Puddings (V) - £3
- Tesco Finest Chocolate Brownie Heart (VE) - £3
- Tesco Finest 6 Raspberry Royale Profiteroles (V) - £3
- Tesco Finest 2 Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Slices (V) - £3
- Tesco Finest South African Malbec - £7.50
- Tesco Finest South African Sauvignon Blanc - £7.50
- Tesco Finest South African Cinsault Rose - £7.50
- Nozeco Rose (VE) - £3.25
- Tesco Finest Prosecco Valdobbiadene Docg (V) - £10
- Coca-Cola Zero Pack (6 x 250ml bottles) (VE) - £2.99
- Diet Coke Pack (6 x 250ml bottles) (VE) - £2.99
- Peroni Nastro Azzurro Lager Beer Pack (4 x 250ml bottles) (VE) - £5.50
- Bottle Green Pack (2 x 750ml bottles) (VE) - £4.95
- Tesco Finest Pink Lady 2 Pack Apple Juice & Lemonade (750ml bottles) (VE) - £5.25
Can I buy the Tesco Finest Dinner for Two now?
The Tesco Finest Valentine’s Dinner for two meal deal is available to buy in store and online from Thursday 9 February. We have, however, noticed that you can buy some of items online right now for delivery to your home, and you may even find some of them in your local store now too. This is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy an early Valentine’s celebration, but watch out for the use-by dates.
Most items which are available to buy online now indicate that they will have a shelf life of three to five days after delivery, so if you want to save your special meal until 14 February you’re best to wait a few days before putting in your order.
Say sweet nothings to your loved one even when you can’t be with them with this adorable heart shaped soft toy. All you have to do is take out the sound module, record your 10 second message and give the plush to your significant other. They can then play your message as many times as they like.
If you’re celebrating Valentine’s with your best mate this set has everything you need to enjoy a fun and relaxing night in. There’s cosy socks, milk chocolate stirrers and a fun card game to play.
If you want an activity to do with your other half on 14th February then this card game could be the answer. It includes 50 card questions so you can really find out how well you know each other - and possibly learn new things about each other.
If your love language is ‘acts of service’ then you may show your partner how much you care about them by always making them their morning or evening cup of tea or coffee.
For a cheap, yet super romantic, Valentine’s date idea you and your loved one could create a scrapbook of your relationship to date. This one includes prompt pages and stickers to help get you started, but you could also fill it with photos, travel documents, receipts or written anecdotes.
Crackers may be traditionally associated with Christmas, but they can also be used to celebrate Valentine’s. They’ll make your table look lovely, and the gifts are two origami hearts so you and your other half can each make something just for each other.
A steak dinner is a favourite indulgent meal for many, and so if you want to cook it for your other half this Valentine’s Day then this set will make it extra special. With two slate serving boards and two delicious steak sauces; chipotle hot steak sauce and black pepper steak sauce.
This games set provides ideal Valentine’s Day night entertainment, no matter if you are spending the evening with your partner, friends or family. There are 5 different games in total, including love song humming, charades, celebrity couple match making and rom-com trivia.