XBox Series X is still difficult to purchase a year on from when it was first released.
Gamers have been left frustrated by the limited stock available of one of the most sought after consoles on the market today.
Microsoft got a jump start on their competitors Sony by releasing the XBox Series X two days earlier than the PlayStation 5 in 2020.
The XBox Series X claims to be the world’s most powerful console, fitted with a super fast processing time for gamers and a 4k ultra high definition Blu-ray player for movie lovers.
Here’s all you need to know about availability of the XBox Series X and when retailers might be looking to restock ahead of Black Friday and Christmas 2021...
Why is the XBox Series X in high demand?
The XBox Series X is the latest console from Microsoft with more power than ever before, meaning better picture quality, graphics, speed than previous consoles.
Advertised as the "console for everyone" with a "ferociously fast processing time", "higher resolution rendering" and "expandable storage" it seems to tick a lot of the boxes.
While its powers don’t stop there as along with all the possible accessories, extra controllers and the like, the gaming console is also fitted with the latest 8k tech for your home cinema.
An optical drive with a 4k ultra high definition Blu-ray player, performance of up to 120 frames per second and a Dolby Digital 5.1 audio output will enhance your movie experience.
The Xbox Series X also has 8k HDR capabilities for top of the range image quality.
Where has XBox Series X stock?
- Game - Both the XBox Series X - Halo Infinite Edition (£479.99) and the XBox Series X - Halo Infinite Edition with a 3-month Game Pass Ultimate, T-Shirt and Hat (£542.96) are available to pre-order. Release date: 15 November 2021.
- Smyths - There is a limit of one XBox Series X console per customer at Smyths, with the Xbox Series X 1TB Console priced at £449.99 and the Xbox Series X Console & Second Black Controller Bundle listed at £494.99. The retailer is expecting stock this month.
- Argos - Limited stock of the Xbox Series X 1TB Console priced at £449.99 remains at Argos.
- Currys - Despite advertising the XBox Series X alongside the XBox Series S, there are no XBox Series X to order on the Currys website.
- Very - Stock for the XBox Series X console and controller is coming soon at Very. The XBox Series S with optional extras is available from £249.99.
What are the Twitter stock informers saying?
Social media is awash with stock rumours around the availability of the XBox Series X.
Twitter account @UKPS5Notify has nearly 50,000 followers and has been providing regular updates on stock levels of the XBox Series X and the PS5.
It had information as recently as 16 November saying Currys had XBox Series X in stock.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going. You can also sign up to our email newsletters and get a curated selection of our best reads to your inbox every day.