Sir Elton John is playing some of his last ever UK shows this summer with the 2023 Farewell Yellow Brick Road World Tour and Glastonbury set.
The legendary singer-songwriter’s mammoth tour began in 2018 but was then delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. He is in the final stretch of shows, which will see him headline Glastonbury’s Pyramid Stage in the summer.
Sir Elton is currently playing shows across Europe before he returns to the British Isles in May and June to perform his last UK gigs. He will headline Glastonbury Festival as his final show in the UK.
The Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour is the highest-grossing tour of all time, having grossed over $800m as of January 2023. Sir Elton will play his final live show ever in Stockholm, Sweden on 8 July. Here is all you need to know about the next run of UK shows:
Where is Elton John’s next concert?
Sir Elton will be bringing the Farewell Yellow Brick Road to Manchester on 31 May in the first of three nights, followed by gigs on 2 June and 3 June.
Does Elton John have a support act?
There will be no opening act before Sir Elton on the UK tour.
How long is Elton John’s concerts?
The Farewell Yellow Brick Road shows are a true celebration of the iconic singers career. He has been performing sets lasting almost 2 hours 30 minutes on his most recent UK shows.
What is the possible setlist and what songs did he play?
Here is the setlist and songs played at the O2 Arena in London last night, according to Setlist.fm:
- Bennie and the Jets
- Philadelphia Freedom
- I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues
- Border Song
- Tiny Dancer
- Have Mercy on the Criminal
- Rocket Man (I Think It’s Going to Be a Long, Long Time)
- Take Me to the Pilot
- Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- Candle in the Wind
- Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
- Burn Down the Mission
- Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
- Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me
- The Bitch Is Back
- I’m Still Standing
- Crocodile Rock
- Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting
- Cold Heart
- Your Song
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John & Kiki Dee song)
Can you still get tickets for UK concerts?
Ticketmaster is showing “low availability” for his farewell shows in Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and Glasgow in June.
What are the other tour dates?
Sir Elton’s June and July tour dates are as follows:
- 2 June - Manchester - AO Arena
- 3 June - Manchester - AO Arena
- 6 June - Leeds - First Direct Arena
- 8 June - Birmingham - Utilita Arena Birmingham
- 10 June - Birmingham - Utilita Arena Birmingham
- 11 June - Birmingham - Utilita Arena Birmingham
- 13 June - Aberdeen - P&J Live
- 15 June - Aberdeen - P&J Live
- 17 June - Glasgow - OVO Hydro
- 18 June - Glasgow - OVO Hydro
- 21 June - Paris, France - Accor Arena
- 25 June - Glastonbury Festival - Worthy Farm
- 27 June - Paris, France - Accor Arena
- 28 June - Paris, France - Accor Arena
- 1 July - Zurich, Switzerland - Hallenstadion
- 2 July - Zurich, Switzerland - Hallenstadion
- 5 July - Copenhagen, Denmark - Royal Arena
- 7 July - Stockholm, Sweden - Tele2 Arena
- 8 July - Stockholm, Sweden - Tele2 Arena
In 2018, Sir Elton announced that he would be retiring and would embark on a final three year world tour. It will span 300 shows across the globe. The tour has been delayed due to the pandemic. It will come to an end in 2023.
How old is Elton John?
Sir Elton is 76 years old. His birthday is 25 March 1947.