Ed Sheeran has said that his upcoming 2022 stadium tour is likely to be his last, in order to spend more time with his young family.
The singer is set to mark his return to live performing after his Divide tour which ran from 2017 to 2019, and became the highest grossing tour of all time.
This is everything you need to know - including how to get tickets.
Where is he touring?
These are the tour dates that Sheeran will be embarking on:
- 28 April 2022, Cork, at Páirc Uí Chaoimh
- 5 May 2022, Limerick, at Thomond Park
- 12 May 2022, Belfast, at Boucher Road Playing Fields
- 26 and 27 May 2022, Cardiff, Principality Stadium
- 3 and 4 June 2022, Sunderland, Stadium of Light
- 10 and 11 June 2022, Manchester, Etihad Stadium
- 16 and 17 June 2022, Glasgow, Hampden Park
- 29 and 30 June, 1 July 2022, London, Wembley Stadium
- 7 July 2022, Gelsenkirchen, Germany, Veltins-Arena
- 14 and 15 July 2022, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Johan Cruijff ArenA
- 22 July 2022, Brussels, Belgium, King Baudouin Stadium
- 29 July 2022, Paris, France, Stade De France
- 4 August 2022, Copenhagen, Denmark, Øresundsparken
- 10 August 2022, Gothenburg, Sweden, Ullevi
- 20 August 2022, Helsinki, Finland, Olympic Stadium
- 25 August 2022, Warsaw, Poland, PGE Narodowy
- 1 September 2022, Vienna, Austria, Ernst Happel Stadium
- 10 September 2022, Munich, Germany, Olympiastadium
- 16 September 2022, Zurich, Switzerland, Letzigrund Stadion
- 23 September 2022, Frankfurt, Germany, Deutsche Bank Park
How to buy Ed Sheeran tickets
Tickets went on sale at 9am on Saturday 25 September 2021.
Tickets for the London shows are £80 and £50, and £75 and £45 regionally. All tickets are subject to a maximum 10% booking fee, plus a maximum £2.75 transaction charge per order.
There is a strict limit of six tickets per show date per transaction. This is to give as many people as possible a fair chance to buy tickets.
The official Ed Sheeran tour site states that for the 2022 tour, it will be operating a new mobile digital ticket sold only via approved outlets, which are:
The site explains: “Your mobile /smartphone will be your ticket which will be contained within an app or wallet. Once the tickets have been purchased you will receive a simple email confirmation as proof of purchase. This is NOT your ticket or ticket(s).
“You will receive instructions on how to access your ticket(s) much nearer to the shows.
“Upon arrival at the show, you will then be required to present your mobile smartphone device containing your ticket(s) and you’ll scan yourself and your party into the venue via the turnstiles/entrances.”
Is this his last tour?
Sheeran has announced that this tour is set to be his last major tour, as he wants to spent more time with his wife, Cherry Seaborn, and their 16-month-old daughter, Lyra.
In his recent appearance on the Teach Me a Lesson podcast, Sheeran said that this tour is likely his last stadium tour.
He said: “I would hate to get to 20 years’ time and have a relationship with my kids that had suffered because I’d chosen work over them.
“I think the pattern I see a lot in my sphere is “if I could go back it would be this: I would not miss this birthday and I would not go, yes I’ll play another stadium”.”
Sheeran added: “I think it’s about finding the balance with that - and I honestly think that this next tour that I’m going on, at the end of the tour, I can’t see my self going on one of them like that again.”
The singer said that he would, at most, be away “for six weeks in summer or six weeks in the winter” in order for him to dedicate more time to his family.
He said: “I want to put as much time into my kids as possible.”
A message from the editor:Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going. You can also sign up to our newsletters and get a curated selection of our best reads to your inbox every day.