The first round of matches saw Man U fall to a surprise 2-1 defeat in Switzerland to Young Boys while Liverpool played out a thrilling 3-2 win over AC Milan at Anfield.
Chelsea achieved expectations with a routine 1-0 win at home to Zenit St Petersburg while Manchester City and RB Leipzig shared nine goals in an an incredible 6-3 win for Pep Guardiola’s side at the Etihad.
Elsewhere in Round 1, Bayern Munich humbled Barcelona with a 3-0 win at the Nou Camp while Lionel Messi’s first Champions League game with PSG didn’t go to plan as they could only manage a 1-1 draw away to Club Brugge.
Here’s all the important information you need to know ahead of Round 2 getting underway this week:
What channel is the Champions League on?
BT Sports have the exclusive rights to broadcast the Champions League in the UK and will have live coverage from every match of the group stage across their multiple channels.
As well as broadcasting the matches, which are also available via the BT Sport player, the broadcasters will also have the Champions League Goal Show on both Tuesday and Wednesday night on BT Sport 1 from 7:45pm.
Champions League fixtures
PSG v Manchester City and Juventus v Chelsea are the undoubted stars of this round of group stage fixtures but there are plenty of other mouthwatering ties taking place.
Liverpool face a tough away trip to Porto while Manchester United host Villareal at Old Trafford.
Here are this week’s Champions League fixtures, dates and kick off times:
- Ajax 2-0 Beşiktaş
- Shahtar Donetsk 0-0 Inter
- PSG 2-0 Manchester City
- RB Leipzig 1-2 Club Brugge
- Porto 1-5 Liverpool
- AC Milan 1-2 Atletico Madrid
- Dortmund 1-0 Sporting CP
- Real Madrid 1-2 Sheriff
- Atalanta v Young Boys, Wednesday 17:45
- Zenit v Malmo, Wednesday 17:45
- Bayern Munich v Dynamo Kyiv, Wednesday 20:00
- Benfica v Barcelona, Wednesday 20:00
- Manchester United v Villareal, Wednesday 20:00
- Wolfsburg v Sevilla, Wednesday 20:00
- Salzvurg v LOSC, Wednesday 20:00
- Juventus v Chelsea, Wednesday 20:00
Champions League odds and predictions
All four Premier League sides start their respective fixtures as favourites with Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea all odds on to claim victories.
The odds for the four matches involving English sides are:
- PSG v Man City - Home win = 2/1, Draw = 5/2, Away win = 11/8
- Porto v Liverpool - Home win = 15/4, Draw = 29/10, Away win = 2/4
- Juventus v Chelsea - Home win = 10/3, Draw = 5/2, Away win = 10/11
- Manchester United v Villareal - Home win = 1/2, Draw = 17/5, Away win = 6/1
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going. You can also sign up to our email newsletters and get a curated selection of our best reads to your inbox every day.