Tyson Fury says his cousin’s tragic death is too ‘raw’ to talk about as he cancels interview with Jeremy Kyle on TalkTV

Tyson Fury has called for tougher punishments for knife crime after his cousin was stabbed to death.

Tyson Fury has cancelled his appearance on Talk TV, as he is still coming to terms with the loss of his cousin who was killed less than a week ago.

The boxing champion, 34, was supposed to appear on Piers Morgan Uncensored last night, to talk about the death of his cousin Rico Burton.

Rico was aged just 31, when he was fatally stabbed in the neck on a night out in Altrincham, Manchester on Saturday.

Tyson Fury has called for tougher punishments for knife crime after his cousin was stabbed to death.

Jeremy Kyle, who is filling in for Piers on the Talk TV show, announced to viewers on Monday that Tyson would be appearing to discuss the tragedy.

However, during last night’s episode, Jeremy said: “Yesterday I told you that Tyson Fury will be joining us on the show today following the tragic death of his cousin Rico Burton, who was stabbed to death in Manchester over the weekend.

“Now Tyson got in touch with the show this morning to say the situation is so raw, he and his family are utterly devastated by the loss and he didn’t feel able to come on tonight.

“We obviously sent Tyson and his family our deepest sympathies and hope very much to have him back on Uncensored when he is ready. That’s an open offer.”

Tyson previously posted a tribute to his cousin on Instagram, saying that the “government needs to bring higher sentencing for knife crime” and realising “you dont know how bad it is until its 1 of your own”.

The incident took place outside a club in the Goose Green area at around 3am on August 21.

A 17-year-old, who has not been identified, was also stabbed but survived after being rushed to hospital - he is facing "significant life-changing injuries", according to police.

Greater Manchester Police have arrested two men, aged 21 and 20.

The 21-year-old has been charged with suspicion of murder and will appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court today.

The 20-year-old has also been charged on suspicion of murder but has been released on bail whilst the eqnuiry is ongoing.