From TVs and tablets to washing machines and coffee machines, Currys offers discounts on a wide range of products.
Here’s a look at when Currys’ Black Friday deals begin, what some discounts shoppers can expect and some top tips for consumers.
When is Currys Black Friday 2021?
Currys will be joining in with the majority of UK retailers by taking part in Black Friday 2021.
The sales event, launched in the United States and became well known in the UK in the early 2010s, will take place the day after Thanksgiving.
In 2021, Black Friday will take place on 26 November.
It is traditionally one of the biggest shopping events of the year - and is a good excuse to hit the high street to get going with the festive shopping before the Christmas celebrations.
What Currys Black Friday deals can we expect in 2021?
As an electrical powerhouse, Currys Black Friday deals are extensive and stretch from TV deals, laptops, computers to consoles, mobile phones and home appliances.
It has it all from washing machines to coffee machines and everything in between.
Last year saw sales on Android and iPhone smartphones, Apple watches and other fitness tracker deals, smart speakers, e-scooters and more.
Dishwashers, microwaves, ovens, fridges and more were among the home appliance discounts, which proved popular online with Covid restrictions limiting in person shopping.
As for TVs, there were QLED and OLED deals, 8K and 4K discounts. PlayStation 4 Pro and XBox One X offerings for gamers and MacBooks among the laptop range.
There were exclusive offers on Alienware, Apple, Asus, Dell, LG, Lenovo and Samsung, iPads, tablets and e-readers too, all with the Currys Price Promise.
What Currys early Black Friday deals have been released?
Ahead of Black Friday, Currys has released a range of pre-sale discounted items.
- An Hisense 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with Alexa and Google Assistant is priced at £448 - a saving of £251
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7" Tablet with 32GB of storage is priced at £119 - a saving of £30
- A Fitbit Versa 2 with Amazon Alexa is priced at £119 - a saving of £40
- A Tassimo by Bosch Style coffee machine, with more than 80 types of coffee and hot drink pods available, is priced at £29 - a saving of £50.99
- A HP Pavilion 14" laptop with Intel Pentium Gold processor, 128 GB SSD storage and 4GB of RAM is priced at £329 - a saving of £100
Black Friday 2021 shopping advice
Black Friday is fast approaching but there is still time to get organised ahead of the big sales extravaganza, especially if you have a particular purchase in mind this year.
So while the leading retailers prepare which products to offer deals on, here are five top tips for shopping on Black Friday and its online equivalent Cyber Monday (29 November).
- Budget: It can be easy to get carried away if you don’t set yourself a spending limit. There will be plenty of tempting Black Friday deals and some heavily discounted by it could still be outside your budget. Set a budget and stick to it.
- Compare: If you’re thinking of making a Black Friday purchase, now is the time to do your research - especially if you have a specific item in mind. See what the going rate is for the item and check competitors for comparison prices.
- Payment: Credit cards give an extra layer of protection if things go wrong so it could be a good idea to use them to pay for items. But follow the first two steps and pay it off as quickly as possible. Don’t sit in debt if you don’t have to.
- Rights: The Consumer Rights Act gives you protection in the first 30 days from the date of purchase. It says goods should be of satisfactory quality, fit to do the job intended, and last a reasonable length of time.
- Perspective: Do you really need that item, or do you just want it? Will you use it regularly enough to warrant the asking price? Could you easily get by without it or make do with what you have already? Ask yourself the tough questions and be honest.
A message from the editor:
Thank you for reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Find out more about who’s who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to start a community among our readers, so please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and keep the conversation going. You can also sign up to our email newsletters and get a curated selection of our best reads to your inbox every day.